ABMDI User Application
In order to apply for the Registy certification of the ABMDI you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least eighteen years of age at time of application.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must currently be employed in a Medical Examiner or Coroner office or equivalent federal authority with the job responsibility to "conduct death scene investigations" at time of application and examination.
- Applicants shall have experience as a Medicolegal Death Investigator.
640 points are required and the activity must have been completed within five years of the date of application submission.
Employment Experience (Minimum 384 points required, may be used for all 640 points.)
Full or part time employment
- One (1) hour is equivalent to one (1) point.
On call employment
- Each on-call hour = 0.25 points (Maximum 100 points)
- Investigation of a natural death, no scene investigation = 1 point
- Investigation of non-natural death, no scene investigation = 2.5 points
- Investigation of a death with scene investigation = 5 points
- Secondary investigator or intern at the scene = 2.5 points (Maximum 100 points)
- Full or part time employment
- Advanced Degree
- Viewing Forensic Autopsies
- Employment Experience (Minimum 384 points required, may be used for all 640 points.)