ABMDI User Application
In order to apply for the Registy certification of the ABMDI you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least eighteen years of age at time of application.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must currently be employed in a Medical Examiner or Coroner office or equivalent federal authority with the job responsibility to "conduct death scene investigations" at time of application and examination.
Must have a minimum of 640 hours of death investigation experience
- Each on-call hour = 0.25 hours
- Investigation of a natural death, no scene investigation = 1 hour
- Investigation of non-natural death, no scene investigation = 2.5 hours
- Investigation of a death with scene investigation = 5 hours